Liver’s Vital Functions
Help your liver detoxify, replenish and rebuild; restoring health and vitality.
Your liver is the body‘s most complex and amazing organ, a powerful chemical plant that converts everything we eat, breathe and absorb into life-sustaining substances. The liver performs over 500 vital functions. Your health is dependent on your liver’s health.
Here is a list of just a few of the vital functions your liver is doing every day:
- Removes waste products & foreign substances from bloodstream
- Regulates blood sugar levels, and creates essential nutrients
- Albumin production: a protein that keeps fluids in the bloodstream from leaking into surrounding tissue. It also carries hormones, vitamins, and enzymes through the body
- Produces bile
- Filters blood
- Regulates amino acids
- Regulates blood clotting
- Resists infections: removes bacteria from the bloodstream.
- 1500+ functions that directly maintain your immune system
- Stores vitamins and minerals
- Processes glucose: the liver removes excess glucose (sugar) from the bloodstream and stores it as glycogen. As needed, it can convert glycogen back into glucose.
- Filters out toxins at a rate of more than a quart of blood per minute
- Produces interferon- the body‘s natural germ killer
- Metabolizes hormone excesses
Liver Support Foods : tea, grapefruit, cruciferous veggies, walnuts, wild caught salmon, beetroot juice, garlic, olive.
Bouts of General Depression
Anger or Irritation
Unexplained weight gain
Food and Chemical Sensitivities
Constipation & Congestion
Indigestion or Mild Nausea after Meals
Nausea & Shakes
Distended Stomach or Liver
Unexplained Head & Body Aches
Body Fluid Retention & Swelling ( bags under the eyes)
Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Rosacea, Several Age Spots
Candida Yeast Infections
Frequent Cold & Flu Infections
Liver Cirrhosis (may also lead to anemia and large bruise patches)
Good News: The Liver has Amazing Regenerative Powers